Monday, September 1, 2008

Gaining more weight

Logan is up to 4 lbs., 8.3 oz. I am very thankful that he is consistently putting on weight. He actually fits into some of his preemie clothes! I will post some pictures later. They also turned down his liters of flow from 1.5 to 1. He is doing fairly well with this. He hangs out around 30-33% oxygen.

Last night Dad fed him and they both did very well! He took the whole bottle (with just a tad bit of help from Mom!). He took most of his feedings by bottle last night. When we were there to feed him last night, he was awake for about an hour. That is the longest I have seen him stay awake so far. He was very good the whole time and didn't cry hardly at all. He is such a wonderful baby! His other grandmother, Shawn, got to hold him last night as well. I think she was pretty excited!

4 comments:

Kristi and Jeff Stevens said...

Jill,
I am so glad that he is doing so well. He looks like he is getting so big. Tell him to keep up the good work and to keep eating to get big. It was great to see you and thanks for all the wonderful updates.

Lots of love,
Kristi and Jeff

Anonymous said...

We are so happy to hear such positive things!! He is so handsome, and looks so good! We are always praying about and thinking of you guys!! :)

Brittania and Lela

Anonymous said...

Jill,
I love that look on Logans face! We will pray that Logan tollerates his oxygen adjustments. I know you would prefere that he came home without it. Maybe he is just a little stubborn. I wonder where he gets that? Danny!?!?

Love,
Luke, Leslie, Taylor, & Addalyn

Amanda said...

It's really a shame that Logan's Grandpa doesn't enjoy him at all. Just look at his face-- such sadness. Ha! Ken looks like he is in hog heaven. I don't blame him. That is one sweet face!!! I love those big eyes.

Tell Logan we love him and to keep eating so he can get big and strong like his Daddy!
Love you,
Amanda, Ed and Gabi